If you are thinking about CPD to boost your SpLD support this term, do give SpLD Central on June 29th some consideration. Hosted by Crossbow Education at Yarnfield Park in Staffordshire, this CPD accredited conference lines up some of the best speakers in three major areas of SpLD.
The focus in the morning will be on Dyscalculia, with two keynotes from Prof Steve Chinn, recognised by many as the leading expert on dyscalculia in schools. After lunch Fintan O’Regan will consider a range of systems and strategies to address successful learning, behaviour and socialisation outcomes for children on the ADHD spectrum; Rachel Ingham, Judy Capener, and Sue Francis will give you some insights into different aspects of literacy that are particularly relevant for dyslexic learners; Dominic Griffiths, senior lecturer at MMU, will talk about embedding reasonable adjustments at post-16, and SEN advisory team leader Beccie Hawes (Author of “Getting it Right for Dyslexic Learners”) will give you a roadmap for helping SpLD students navigate that difficult journey from Y6 to Y7. For an overview of the conference programme, click the following link or paste it into your browser: http://www.spldcentral.com/workshop-details.aspx
We have a reputation for Excellence at Crossbow (4 prestigious awards in the last five years – 3 national and one international), and our conference is no exception. We also have a reputation for providing good value, and at £139.95 + VAT for a day with speakers of this calibre it’s a lot less than you would pay Forum, or Capita, or other providers. And here’s the best bit: if you and your partner schools can put together a group booking, you get one free place for every three you book. The conference website is www.spldcentral.com – have a look now and make up your own mind. You can book online, and you can pay by card or we can invoice your school.
What do you get on the day?
- Two keynotes in the morning (1 hr 10 mins each)
- Two afternoon presentations (1 hr each) from a choice of six – each session is repeated after the break
- An excellent 3-course sit-down lunch, coffee at registration, two refreshment breaks, and pastries
- A marketplace of top specialist SpLD suppliers (not just Crossbow!) and plenty of time to spend looking at their resources: 1hr 20 mins at lunch, two 30 min refreshment breaks, plus time at registration.
- A bound conference book to keep with all the handouts and room for your notes
- Your CPD certificate.
- Free transport to and from Stafford station, and plenty of parking if you come by car.
The date for your diary again: Thursday June 29th.
The venue (Google it – it’s super): Yarnfield Park Conference Centre, Stone, Staffordhire ST15 0NL.
Or if you want to speak to speak to someone ring 0845 269 7272 and ask for Bob or Ionë
The mission of SpLD Central is to give school leaders, SENCOs, SEND advisory teams and SpLD professionals a memorable day of CPD that will really change lives. “It was the best CPD event I have ever been to and one of the highlights of my professional career” (2016 delegate).