A major part of any Media Studies course is learning how to analyse or deconstruct media texts. For students new to Media Studies, the most difficult aspects of this are the terminology and concepts of the subject, many of which will be new to them or will have a slightly different meaning in the world of media.
This 119 page, photocopiable book will explain the terminology and concepts of the media to your GCSE students in simple terms and will provide them with a logical structure for evaluating media texts. The content of the book is applicable to both the English GCSE courses and examinations and the Scottish Standard Grade. Each chapter of Media Studies deals with a specific area of analytical inquiry: categories, language, narrative structure and conventions, representations, audience, institutional influences.
The book includes practical and theoretical exercises and an exemplar of an essay response to each area of inquiry. Frequent references are made to well-known media texts in order to clarify meanings.
Media Studies: an Introduction to the Terminology and Concepts by James Rigg; ISBN 978 1 86083 780 7.
Order code: T1685EMN. Sample pages may be viewed at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/media/T1685.pdf
- Photocopiable book, £29.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £29.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £37.94 plus £3.95 delivery
Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report…
- By post from First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct, Earlstrees Rd, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On-line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=499
- By phone with a school order number or a credit card to 01536 399 011
When ordering the book please quote the reference T1685EMN.