Starter activities can be invaluable to you as a teacher. They help you to achieve one or more of the following:
- Engage the pupils as soon as they enter the room, preventing instances of boredom that can lead to poor behaviour.
- Set the tone for the rest of the lesson. The pupils have engaged in work right from the start.
- Demonstrate your expectations of the pupils and set a routine. As soon as the pupils enter your classroom they will start work.
- Recap the main ideas or key words from the previous lesson.
- Pass on any general geography ideas or skills that you otherwise don’t get time to teach.
- Get the pupils brains going and instil some motivation.
- Challenge the pupils in a fun way that makes them look forward to the next one.
- Challenge the pupils against one another in an enjoyable way.
- Give yourself the chance to get ready anything you might need for the lesson, or take the register.
Geography Starters is a set of starter activities – crosswords, puzzles, wordsearches, etc – designed for pupils at KS3. It is provided in a photocopiable format so that sheets can be copied and given out to pupils as required – and obviously re-used as much as you wish. Answer sheets are provided.
You can see a full list of the topics and some sample pages at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/geography/T1717.pdf
Publisher’s reference: T1717EMN ISBN: 978 1 86083 722 7
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £31.94 plus £3.95 delivery
Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report… please quote the order ref: T1717EMN
- By post to First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct., Earlstrees Way, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=544