Teaching teenagers about social relationships can be hard.
To make the teaching of social relationship issues throughout the school a simpler and more consistent process, we produced a course book which links sex, social relationships and wider social issues and which can be used throughout the school with the assurance of continuity of message at each stage. The course considers wider issues such as puberty, sex, self-esteem, self-efficacy, peer pressure, notions of attraction and beauty and socialisation.
The volume includes cross-curricular links with history, sociology, art, science, and literature. incorporating, for example, Shakespeare’s “True Face of Beauty” sonnet and a mystery love letter. Indeed whether one wishes to look at branding, personality, the law, health or any other matter in this field, it is covered here.
What’s more, the book, Sex and Sensibility: a Sex and Relationships Course for Secondary Schools, is available both in photocopiable form and as a volume that can be loaded onto the school network so that only one copy is needed.
Sex and Sensibility: a Sex and Relationships Course for Secondary Schools by Shona Kerr. Sample pages can be viewed at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/pshe/T1760.pdf
Publisher’s reference: T1760EMN ISBN: 978 1 86083 754 8
- Photocopiable report: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £31.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report… please quote the order ref: T1760emn
- By post to First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct., Earlstrees Way, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=734