The new national curriculum for Art and Design at KS2 and KS3 requires students to produce creative work whilst exploring and recording experiences and developing their skills in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
Pupils should also have the opportunity to evaluate and analyse their own and others’ work using art, craft and design language.
Arty Tasks is a new book of Art resources and in this regard is an ideal starting point. It incorporates step by step instructions for 35 separate projects each of which requires pupils to produce a piece of artwork based on the work of a selection of artists as diverse as Georgia 0’Keeffe and Joseph Cornell.
The pupils using the book are thus encouraged to use a wide variety of techniques and materials to create their artwork – and if desired each project can be used as a starting point for researching the historic content of the artists and art movements.
Each project comes on a single sheet of A4 and individual activities can thus easily be photocopied for your class to use as starter activities or homework tasks, either as one-off tasks or incorporated into longer projects. They can also be handed out for higher ability students to work more independently or used for extra-curricular activities.
Arty Tasks thus offers 35 creative projects which can be used simply as creative projects or as a way into research into a particular artist or art movement.
Arty Tasks, ISBN 978 1 86083 807 1, order code T1833EMN, is available as a photocopiable book or on CD Rom. An extract is available at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/art/T1833.pdf
- Photocopiable book, £19.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £19.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £26.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the book…
- By post from First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct, Earlstrees Rd, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On-line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=813
- By phone with a school order number or a credit card to 01536 399 011
- By email with a school order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
When ordering the book please quote the reference T1833EMN.